The Yoga tradition describes the human being as having five bodies described as treasures: a body, systems of energy that animate and operate the body, a mind and emotions that experience the world through the body’s sensory systems, an intuitive mind-body that witnesses and processes all experiences and a spiritual body from which all other treasures arise, yet untouched by them. This provides a schematic for appreciating each of your five treasures.
- Select a body part that is today’s favorite. Explore your choice.
- Decide to marvel about any aspect of how your body created the energy you needed to have done whatever you did today!
- Be curious about whatever is presently attracting (or distracting) your attention and how this is interacting with whatever emotion you are feeling right how that is determining your mood.
- Realize how wonderous and empowering it is to have a brain capable of bearing witness to its own thoughts and emotions!
- Grow quiet, place your hands over your heart as a dwelling place of your spirit and appreciate the source of your treasures…….